Our Legal Help FAQ site has information for residential renters in all 50 US states, about what protections they have during COVID-19 and afterward. This covers rights around being evicted, going to court, paying rent, and getting assistance.
It answers key questions that renters have in every state, like:
- Can I be evicted?
- What happens if I don’t pay my rent on time?
- Can my utilities be shut off?
- What should I do if my landlord gives me a notice to leave my home?
- Are courts still running during the COVID emergency?
- Who can help me cover bills or with legal help I need?
If you want to find the answers to these questions for your state, please find the right page to visit on eviction, rent, and emergency help.